[WikiEN-l] oopsie-- mainstream journalists trust Wikipedia again

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 6 18:37:29 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> On 06/10/2007, Vee <vee.be.me at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 06/10/2007, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> the day WP starts tending to be  on the sympathetic side, will be the last
>>> day
>>> anyone can trust it.
>
>> The point is that no one can trust Wikipedia.
>
> That's hardly a reason  to stop trying.

And trust isn't binary, there's a full spectrum of gray between
"Trusted" and "Untrusted". Every little bit of nudging toward the
trusted end has tangible benefits, even if we don't ever get all the way
there.

Heck, I don't even have my own senses or thought processes all the way
at the "Trusted" end of the spectrum. They've screwed me in the past and
will no doubt do so again in the future.