[WikiEN-l] oopsie-- mainstream journalists trust Wikipedia again

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:39:43 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, Zoney <zoney.ie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, Wikipedia is not completely off the hook. The incidence of
> errors in the project, and ability of anyone to add anything (which will not
> necessarily be picked up by others, despite what ultra-wiki-faith
> evangelists would have you believe) *is* a major issue.
[snip]

Indeed, if our answer is going to be to direct people to follow the
citations why not blank the articles and replace them with the
citations?

... because we do expect people to actually use the article text.
Sticking our fingers in our ears and saying "use the citations" is
just dishonest.

On the subject, does anyone care to write an explanation of why "mark
as patrolled" didn't help us eons ago when it was done?