[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:01:23 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> "George Herbert" wrote
>
> > I am considering proposing a deletion process change - Increase AFD
> > run time so that they run for six business days, ensuring that at
> > least one weekend is in the AFDs run time so that people who have work
> > during the week and a bit more bandwidth on weekends are sure to have
> > a chance to see it.
>
> You'd still have a problem with people who think WP:SNOWBALL can be used to justify almost any sort of early closure.

Sure.  But if the policy says "Thou shalt not SNOWBALL early close
normal AFDs" then we can set people on fire if they close them early
anyways.

If something is truly likely to snowball, one should PROD it, not AFD
it.  Snowballs are an indication that someone is taking an
uncontroversial delete (or very clearly should be deleted delete)
through the controversial or questionable deletion process role AFD is
now.

The process change should also increase PROD time runs to 7 calendar
days to ensure at least one weekend is included as well, for the same
reason.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com