[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 1 20:59:04 UTC 2007

"Wily D" wrote

> Realistically, what percentage of AfDs really have the outcome in
> doubt?  Maybe 10%?

I'd say much higher: maybe 30%. Things get deleted, not because the topic is unsuitable, but because sources are lacking. When I have got involved in AfD recently, it has only been because people swear that black is white on "notability" in these instances.

>IfDs are much lower - go over those noms, almost
> none actually require discussion.  Like anything, SNOW is sometimes
> applied inappropriately - that can always be fixed afterwards.

No, it can't. There was a recent case where the mathematics community got very het up. It took a very thick skin (Michael Hardy's) to protest with an out-of-process revival, and a new AfD. If Carcharoth hadn't intervened then, it would probably have been lost once more. ([[Infinite monkey theorem in popular culture]], if you're wondering.)

Charles