[WikiEN-l] Balance of sanction [Was: Arbiter involvement on the Durova affair]

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Nov 30 18:45:03 UTC 2007

On 30/11/2007, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:13:25 +0000, "Andrew Gray"
> <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >One assumes that the other party has come out of this with no sysop
> >bit, no credibility, and no chance of getting onto Arbcom. But they've
> >also had *other* sanctions applied to them, because we determined they
> >didn't have those to lose.
>
> Here's the problem.
>
> Durova's actions stopped the editing of one editor for 75 minutes,
> and ended with an apology.

(...)

At the end of the next paragraph - " as a corrolary, we have the
assumption that both transgressed equally, which may or may not be the
case but is certainly percieved as such here". So, you know, there is
a perception in that initial post (and associated commentary) that
Durova's misdeeds extended beyond a 75-minute block.

But, hey, I can see when an attempt to have a discussion about
something in general terms is going to get sidetracked, so I think
I'll abandon this one for a few months until everyone's forgotten the
specific case and then bring it up again with the serial numbers filed

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk