[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Sam Blacketer sam.blacketer at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:10:33 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 11:03 PM, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2.  Although the email does not EXPLICILTLY propose blocking !!, it
> certainly accuses him of blockable behavior.  Any reasonable person
> who read it in any depth would should have anticipated a block or else
> warned her about the block.

I think it is quite possible that a reasonable person could have read it and
assumed it was a springboard for further checking, rather than a proposal
for an immediate block.

> 3.  Acording to Durova, she had "in depth" discussions with "five
> sleuths" who "enthusaistically endorsed" the block.   According to
> multiple sources, these "in depth" discussions didn not occur on the
> cyberstalking list-- they occured elsewhere-- either on the
> investigation list, through email, or somwhere else.

No, I think you're going further than the evidence there. Durova did not say
she had discussed blocking with these five, as the quoted passage shows. She
said that their reaction to what she sent them was "positive to
enthusiastic". She has not said that she sent them a proposal to block.

I still get a strong sense that there is much less to this than meets the
eye.

--
Sam Blacketer
London E15