[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Nov 29 17:42:23 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 12:19 PM, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 11:37 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 2007 11:14 AM, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > While some may
> > > still think there is value in insisting that witnesses should be
> > > subpoenaed here to name names, I think it's time to call this House
> > > Committee on Un-Wikipedian Activities to a close.
> > >
> > I find it humorous how much hypocrisy there is in this whole incident.
> >  Telling people to assume good faith in response to an enormous
> > assumption of bad faith; comparing the demand for answers about a
> > group of investigators trying to uncover anyone who is now or ever has
> > associated themselves with Wikipedia Review to McCarthyism...
>
> You see, this is why I rarely respond to your e-mails, Anthony.

It'd probably make more sense to respond to one of my e-mails which is
not an example of why you rarely respond to my emails.

> The
> cyberstalking list was set up for Wikipedians who have been
> cyberstalked as a result of their Wikipedia activities.

Clearly it was set up for Wikipedians who claim to have been
cyberstalked.  What's unclear is what those people talk about on the
list, at least, other than the one email which did come to light and
was not at all positive.

> I'm not aware
> of any "group of investigators trying to uncover anyone who is now or
> ever has associated themselves with Wikipedia Review"; that's more
> hysteria.

Just because you're unaware of something doesn't make it untrue.