[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 18:18:54 UTC 2007

Oh? I remain to be convinced. Why, then, did Durova think it quite alright to post her evidence to !! to this list? Why do we have good people, like Krimpet, being attacked on this mailing list? Why do we have two of our finest, Thatcher131 and Alison (now a CU), signing up to this list and then rapidly unsubscribing when they find it wasn't, after all, that it was cooked up to be. In fact, Alison memorably described it as chock-full of "bitterness, anger and wikipolitics". Oh dear.

And why, then, did we think it quite alright to set up a bastard child to wpcyberstalking, wpinvestigations-1? This little list I know quite a lot about - I've seen some truly bizarre and quite terrifying conversations, including some posts that make you wonder how on earth something like the block of !! didn't happen a lot earlier. Sockpuppet paranoia, investigation obsession, weird suggestions for the CUs galore - it's got the lot, baby. In fact, Thatcher summed this wretched list up very nicely: "...unhelpful and possible dangerous development. Blocks and such should be
discussed and documented on Wiki whenever possible. In extraordinary
circumstances evidence may need to be kept private, but those cases
should be dealt with by Arbcom, who were elected for that purpose,
rather than a group of self-selected investigators who may lack proper
perspective."

Wikipedia is not a MMORG for SlimVirgin to play webmaster to.

CM

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.