[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:31:23 UTC 2007

> On 27/11/2007, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That's good to hear.   Arbcom will still have to consider whether
> > participation in a secret list where secret evidence is presented  is
> > an appropriate behavior, and of course, the arbiters who actually did
> > participate will need to recuse themselves from voting on that issue I
> > would hope.
>

> I fear you are not making a lot of sense to me here.
>
> You can't stop any editor talking to any other editor they want to
> about anything.
>
> If you think you can, I invite you to detail precisely what you plan
> and why it's a good idea.

[[WP:CANVASS]] would be a good place to start--  if I made a mailing
list to talk about on-wiki behavior, posting notices about major
on-wiki happenings... if it ever got out, I would be banned before I
knew what hit me.

Another would proposal woudl be that when our admins screw up, we be
allowed to do a full postmortem to figure out just what went wrong and
how to stop it from happening again.

Requiring all evidence to be submitted ON-WIKI for admin review (or
else deferred to arbcom/office)  would be another good step.

Alec