[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 27 15:41:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:21:37 -0800, "Matthew Brown"
<morven at gmail.com> wrote:

>She was completely right, as far as I know, that !! was a returned
>user grooming an account for adminship. She was wrong in making the
>unsupported leap beyond that - that this meant it was a banned user
>grooming an account for adminship - and discounting all other
>possibilities.

Exactly right.  And in as much as any of us agreed with her, it was
that this did indeed look like a returning user grooming an account
for adminship.

The concern that a banned user might be doing exactly this, is a
real one.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk