[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:27:47 UTC 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 7:21 AM, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's good to hear.   Arbcom will still have to consider whether
> participation in a secret list where secret evidence is presented  is
> an appropriate behavior, and of course, the arbiters who actually did
> participate will need to recuse themselves from voting on that issue I
> would hope.

I participated in such a list largely to keep tabs on what was going
on and in the hope that, were anything rash to be proposed, I would
have a chance of stopping it before it happened.  Unfortunately Durova
did not run this block past either list.  She posted an email laying
out why !! appeared to be a returned user to the cyberstalking list,
which I did not read until after she did the block (the list has been
quite high volume) but did not to the best of my knowledge give anyone
any indication that she was going to block.

If I had advised Durova to perform the block, I would recuse.
However, I did not, and thus will not.

-Matt