[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:09:33 UTC 2007

On 11/27/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Alec Conroy wrote:
> > Supposedly, the names of everybody involved has already been revealed
> > by one or more list participants.  Anyone who hasn't come forward
> > before the start of the election is, supposedly, going to have their
> > involvement revealed and substantiated with evidence.  But of course,
> > nobody wants it to come to that--  it would be better for the
> > community (and much less dramatic) if everyone involved comes forward
> > on their own, so atleast until the election starts, THERE IS NO
> > DEADLINE.
>
> {{citation needed}}. This is exactly the sort of secretive "behind the
> scenes" assurances that appears to have caused this train wreck in the
> first place. At this point the only thing I'm willing to accept at face
> value is that there's something nasty going on here, because I've read
> through plenty enough ANI and RfC material in the past hour or so to
> convince me of that much at least.

Most wise.  I wouldn't want my assurances to stop you from fully
investigating on your own.

Every candidate for Arbcom has now officially been asked if they were
involved, and the sitting arbiters who were involved have been asked
to step forward and recuse themselves from the ongoing arbitration.

Having been involved is NOT one of the seven deadly sins, but the
community does have a right to know.  On the other hand, if anyone
can't be trusted to tell the truth about their involvement, they
definitely can't be trusted to occupy an arbcom seat-- in my opinion.
 I actually don't expect we'll have anyone who refuses to level with
the community on this.

Alec