[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:00:56 UTC 2007

bad sign, IMO. I no longer feel confident that "the system works."

There's an ArbCom election coming up, can you imagine the damage that
would be done to ArbCom's credibility if it were to come out afterward
that members that were up for election were involved in this and their
involvement was known but we weren't told about it before voting?
The secrecy is what's most toxic. Maybe we should start applying
Verifiability outside of just the encyclopedic content.
******
What's toxic here is how quickly some people fall into the same logical
errors I fell prey to, unaware of the irony that they practice exactly the
same faults they criticize.

Confirmation bias is a dangerous thing.  Extraordinary claims require
extraordinary evidence.

-Durova