[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 27 07:02:46 UTC 2007

Matt wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007 9:55 PM, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
>> Yow.  I, for one, didn't know that (though I can't say I'm surprised).
>
> I'd advise you to be a little more cautious about taking everything
> Alec says here at face value.

Point taken.  I did mean to say, on general principles, something
along the lines of "if this is true, I can't say I'm surprised".

But having skimmed [[Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Durova]],
it appears that the relevant particulars *are* true.
(By "relevant particulars" I mean: that zeal against Wikipedia
Review and its suspected supporters and sycophants had become
excessive, and was being used to justify clearly unjust actions.)