[WikiEN-l] Help!!

G Donato gdonato at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 25 14:06:55 UTC 2007

Marc Riddell wrote:
> Friends,
>
> This is my second cry for help with this problem. Editing the English
> Wikipedia has become nearly impossible for me these days. On initial opening
> it can take as long as 45 seconds for the site to come on, and it can take
> another 30 seconds to change pages. On opening, the first thing to show is
> the outline of the donations box and nothing else. Then, after another 30 or
> so the page opens. This started happening after the donations box was added
> to the site. Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc Riddell

Hmmm, I have noticed things slightly slower than usual, I wouldn't
necessarily put it down to the donations thing and the problem seems to
be only in Firefox. Perhaps part of the javascript or style sheet for
the donations that takes Firefox a long time to handle or is it
something totally unrelated?

G Donato