[WikiEN-l] Syria censorship

Adrian Nothum adrian.nothum at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 24 20:58:52 UTC 2007

I just caught the following about Syria blocking facebook. Does anybody
know whether the apparently extensive blocking measures employed by the
Syrian government include a block against Wikipedia? And is there any
place (on WP?) where national filters against Wikipedia and possible
consequences are being debated?

Further, just so, and because I found it irritating and would like to
pass that feeling on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship#By_online_communities

says "Wikipedia has also been accused of censorship." and cites as its
sources

http://www.wikitruth.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wikipedians_against_censorship

Adrian (sober, but still thinking David Gerard sucks.)