[WikiEN-l] Slooow!

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 00:54:45 UTC 2007

On 11/22/07, joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu <joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu> wrote:

> Is there maybe some problem with prefetching? Have you tried turning off
> prefetching and seeing if that speeds things up?

No I haven't tried that because it's my understanding that prefetching
only starts *after* the page is loaded and displayed.

I wonder if if it's possible to write an extension or greasemonkey
script that forces the browser to permanently cache the site's CSS for
those of us with slow connections. I find it ridiculous that mostly
text light graphics pages should take so long to load.