[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:15:22 UTC 2007

On 22/11/2007, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If it is of any consolation to you, those of us who have been in the
> > trenches on this issue for over six months are pretty tired of it too
> > - heck, even I was ticked off to see this thread overrun by BADSITES
> > babbling,
>
> How odd, then, that you said nothing about it when Dan Tobias first
> brought it up in this thread on the 15th, nor when Steve Summit
> responded at length on the same subject, nor when Josh Zelinsky also
> responded at length.

I can't imagine how any reasonable person could ever possibly manage
to distinguish between:

a) six posts a week ago, by five different people, in a thread which
promptly died an amicable and quiet death;

b) the twenty-seven emails sent by you, fifteen by Joshua, nine by
David, seven by Guy, six by James, &c &c - in less than twenty-four
hours to one thread alone!

One is a reasonable discussion. The other, well, "babbling" seems a
fair characterisation. Please, people, if you must spar like that,
take it to IRC...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk