[WikiEN-l] External harassment

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 17:06:42 UTC 2007

On 22/11/2007, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve Summit, you have made the following suggestions regarding links
> to external harassment:

> Currently a number of editors are working on a guideline to deal with
> this issue, at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Linking_to_external_harassment
> What, if any, do you see as the differences between their work and
> your own proposal? What deficiencies do you see in the guideline as it
> currently stands?

FWIW, I cut'n'pasted Steve's three points to the talk page for discussion.

I think point 3 is the sticking point. To what degree is ignoring the
hell out of them the right response? When wouldn't it be?

(I see the current version advises ignoring the hell out of them.)

> (this is the version as of the writing of this e-mail:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Linking_to_external_harassment&oldid=173123144)

The guideline appears to be approaching stability. :-O Hopefully
nothing deeply disagreeable to the clueful of good faith is missing,
and if it is then I hope we get them there sooner rather than later.

- d.