[WikiEN-l] Flagged Revisions on nl:wp

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Thu Nov 22 00:11:00 UTC 2007

Chad schreef:
> There is definitely a size difference between NL and EN. I'm not one
> to minimize 380k-ish articles, which is a very noble achievement;
> however, there is a noticeable difference between the sizes. A
> magnitude of about 5 1/4 times difference, give or take. That's 5
> times as many articles. Does enwiki have a force of editors willing to
> read every single edit to every single article? Sustainable?

It's worse than that: the last 500 main space entries on Recent Changes
cover about 4 minutes, while the last 500 main space entries on Recente
wijzigingen date from the last 2 hours. That's a factor 30 difference in
editing speed.

On the other hand, enwiki has about 1400 administrators, and nlwiki
only 86. Since patrolling would not only be done by admins, I've also
looked at the number of active users. Unfortunately, the most recent
figures for enwiki are a year old, but we had about 4,300 editors with
more than 100 edits per month, and nlwiki had only 267.

So we have 30 times the workload, against 16 times the workforce. So the
difference per editor is not that much higher, and you cannot conclude
from the numbers alone that it wouldn't work here.

Eugene