[WikiEN-l] Harassing e-mails, part 1

Kamryn Matika kamrynmatika at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 11:38:26 UTC 2007

On 11/15/07, Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:

> That doesn't qualify as harassment I'm afraid.
> ****
> No it doesn't, but by the fourth message the exchange did qualify as
> harassment.  After the second I requested no further contact.
>
> Perhaps you inhabit a universe where it's socially acceptable for a
> stranger
> to address a woman by her name without identifying himself, and to
> continue
> sending her messages late into the night after she's insisted that he
> stop.
> Perhaps you also live in a universe that does not recognize the elementary
> courtesy of asking her permission before reposting part of an unwanted
> conversation to a public list, devoid of context, and attempting to pass
> judgement on it.
>
> You owe me an apology.  A big one.
>
> -Durova

Not really, you've published your name. People call me Kamryn all the time.
I am fortunate enough to posess an email client that has a 'sign out'
function and similarly a function that allows me to automatically delete
incoming emails from addresses that I choose. If anything, I'm sorry that
you're so techonologically behind..