[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Rob Smith nobs03 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 22:22:01 UTC 2007

>Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
<wikien-l%40lists.wikimedia.org?Subject=%5BWikiEN-l%5D%20Featured%20editors%3F&In-Reply-To=52a8cf060711141809j7c08c4fejf055426f29ffff3f%40mail.gmail.com>
* T**hu Nov 15 08:35:07 UTC 2007*

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:09:15 -0700, "Rob Smith" <nobs03 at
gmail.com<http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l>>
wrote:

>>*Here's the problem, Guy: everybody familiar with the case knows and
admits
>*>*to errors.  I've been willing for two years to forgive & forget, but it
*>>*begins with Wikipedia admitting it is fallible, and removing the
slanders
*>>*embalmed in my Arb case.
*
>Rob, I have courtesy blanked some stuff, but you also contributed to
>the problem by registering a sockpuppet and using it for purposes
>other than asking for the restrictions to be lifted, with the result
>the ban was reset.
>
>I'm not without sympathy, but I don't see that you've made a strong
>case for the changes you want either.
>
>Guy (JzG)

Let's no get sidetracked, Guy, the sock was done with
permission<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:AMA_Requests_for_Assistance/Requests/November_2006/Nobs02&diff=91030719&oldid=91001338>.
This whole problem started when Complainant came to this list and sought to
circumvent WP proscribed dispute resolution, with "I freely confess I have a
vested interest in this
matter<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-November/032066.html>
".
He got sympathy from the ArbCom Chairman.  Trouble is, the Category they
tried to delete then still exists two years later, and without my help or
intervention.

And yourself, Guy, not to be critical, but you told editor Pravknight a few
months later, "people with a vested
interest<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Pravknight#Paul_Weyrich>in
the content of an article should not edit it" and he got a Community
ban.  My case is simple, a twelve your old can understand the facts.  I was
libeled by exercising Good Faith in Dispute Resolution.  ArbCom has had
three opportunities to remedy the mistakes, the Trustee's two, and Jimbo
two.  Serious questions are arising now about all of WP's internal
self-regulation.

Rob Smith
aka Nobs01