[WikiEN-l] Time to reboot wikien-l

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Nov 17 20:00:11 UTC 2007

William Pietri wrote:
> Here's my proposal for making that work.
>
> We find a collection of people who are willing to moderate wikien-forum.
> Say, a half-dozen to a dozen.
>
> People write in proposing new threads. If any moderator thinks the topic
> is interesting or important, they can volunteer to curate the thread.
> They may not participate in a thread they curate, and should curate in
> an NPOV way.

(Long description removed)

You must be kidding?! =-O

I think the only effect of this would be to give people more things to
argue about, not to mention giving those moderators a quick ticket to
the asylum.

At one time it was considered virtuous to factor repetitive talk pages.
I tried it on one or two, and soon discovered that it was a difficult
task that did not yield much benefit in proportion to that difficulty.

Ec