[WikiEN-l] Saucy Sources, reliable and re : libel.

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Thu Nov 15 20:13:36 UTC 2007

Quoting Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>:

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri/Legaldispute
>
> which contains the language:
>
> "Content has been removed from this article because of a dispute over the
> legality of its inclusion, and so the article may not meet normal
> Wikipedia standards.
> Please see the discussion on the talk page."
>
> Raises some interesting questions. "Normal Wikipedia standards" permit
> violations of Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons? Do not take malice
> into account? I don't think so.
>
> Focus on that word "malice"; that is the legal black hole which will
> produce serious liability.
>
> Fred

Um, Fred, I'm confused by this statement. The actual malice standard is a
standard which is only relevant in the United States and only the standard for
public figures. William Pietri's proposed template doesn't address what
country
or standard is precisely in use. And Pietri's template doesn't even
address that
the issue is libel. So what precisely are you saying?