[WikiEN-l] an ED article (was Featured Editors?)

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:51:07 UTC 2007

Doesn't mean there won't be anything now.

Anyway, "Reliable Sources" seems to be a very flexible phrase around
WP. If we didn't have Notability to fight about, we could have the
exact same fights there.
We''ve already redefined N this year to mean N for over a year if it's
a living person, regardless of the number and status of the sources,
and I suppose we could define RS to mean blog sources only for people
whom we approve of--we've been using them freely for science fiction
and Unix/Linux people.

On 11/15/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:30:27 +0000, "James Farrar"
> <james.farrar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Having an article because they hate us is no better than not having
> >> one because they hate us.
> >
> >[[Daniel Brandt]], for instance...
> >
> >(OK, technically we don't have an article on him not because he hates
> >us, /per se/, but because after 14 AFDs reasonable people got bored
> >with the circus and threw in the towel.)
>
> Got good, non-trivial biographical sources about Brandt?  I know
> where to find deletion review.
>
> Brandt's article was deleted for lack of sources.
>
> Guy (JzG)
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG