[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:16:37 UTC 2007

On 15/11/2007, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:

> talk, after similar consensuses elsewhere.  That's was what was so
> sadly ironic about the whole PM block-- he was block for reverting a
> banned sockpuppet and for trying to protect his privacy, in the midst
> of a debate about how we should fight against banned sock puppets and
> try to protect peoples privacy.

No, PrivateMusings was blocked for sockpuppetry with apparent intent
to pump up the drama - lying about his other accounts' activities and
so forth. That's *not* what the few tolerated uses of multiple
accounts are for.

> Well, it depends on what you mean by "The Encyclopedia".   We can take
> the ED article as a hypothetical.  Let's suppose ED is/will be
> notable-- what would be best for encyclopedia-- to cover it or to
> exclude it.

This is a red herring. If ED were notable outside its own mind, it
would have an article with good sourcing.

- d.