[WikiEN-l] Saucy Sources, reliable and re : libel.

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:06:51 UTC 2007

On 15/11/2007, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> Are you willing to foot the legal bills?  I have seen the emails to
> OTRS from di Stefano.  He is a lawyer.  A wealthy lawyer who is
> prepared to defend people like Milosevic and Noye.

Milosevic conducted his own defense. Any criminal defense lawyer in
england would have defended Noye.

> The fundamental problem, as has been detailed previously on the talk
> page, is that these papers are repeating a rumour which is not
> objectively provable.

Di Stefano is Italian so technically it should be possible to tell one
way or another through Carta d'identità and passport records.

>  Di Stefano considers the rumour defamatory
> (which it is) and points out that if it were true he would not be
> allowed to practice law in England.

Questionable. He doesn't qualify through UK mechanisms but Italian
ones and we don't know what their standards are.

--
geni