[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Nov 15 08:18:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:27:20 -0800, Durova
<nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:

>Neither checkuser nor sockpupet investigation is 100% accurate.  We do our
>best, but no human endeavor is going to be perfect.  When people seek to
>resolve the mistakes in a reasonable way these things get cleared up pretty
>quickly.

This is true.  The problem here is when the banned users themselves
continue stirring up shit, and draw in a never-ending succession of
new participants to the debate.

Why is "there is absolutely no evidence to support this fatuous
assertion made by a banned user in order to advance his grievance
against Wikipedia" never an acceptable answer?

We had an allegation made by banned user Greg Kohs against two
admins, brought to us by a sockpuppets and open proxies, and several
people tried to pick it up and run with it despite the substance of
the allegation already having been thoroughly refuted by the admins
in question.

That is, in my view, a serious concern.

Guy (JzG)
--