[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:46:52 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 11:41 AM, Alec Conroy <alecmconroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, if I understadn things, PM has already told you his  identity.
> you knew he was a longstanding,  good-faith editor, not a jon awbrey
> sock.

Actually, the 'original identity' of PM was a user with less than a
thousand edits and whose contributions to the project in earnest
didn't start until January 2007.  He had a dozen or so edits in 2005
and only a couple in 2006. Almost immediately after he resumed
editing, he was embroiled in Wiki politics, stirring up trouble in the
Essjay affair among others.  His encyclopedia-space editing is only
about a fifth of his edits, and most of those are to just a small
handful of articles.  Notably, they seem to have been picked mostly
for their notoriety and for being the locus of disputes.

I don't think this is a good faith editor.  I don't think this
supposed original identity is the first identity this person has taken
on Wikipedia either.

I don't think it's Awbrey - it's not his style, and does not share his
idiosyncracies.  However, this is not a person here to contribute in
good faith; they're here for the drama.

-Matt