[WikiEN-l] Concerning edit conflict lag

Wiki Dudeman wikidudeman at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 15:34:06 UTC 2007

I wanted to propose a chance concerning how edit conflicts work. I am not sure what mailing list this should be done on so I'm just posting it here since I know that it's at least on English Wikipedia. The problem is this: Whenever I edit a specific subsection of a page and there is an edit conflict, it reloads the entire page in edit mode, not just the single section that I edited which the edit conflict occurred. This causes problems for two reasons. Firstly, Even though I am using a cable modem, it still causes a high amount of lag and time to load large pages in edit mode, sometimes it even freezes my firefox browser. Secondly, While it loads the entire page in edit mode, if another edit occurs while I'm resolving the edit conflict, I am forced to do it again and again since the chances of an edit conflict occurring are much greater when editing an entire page opposed to a single section. My question is this: Is it possible to cause edit conflicts to only load the
 single section edited opposed to the entire page? For instance if I edit a subsection of the Admin notice board page and I get an edit conflict, I don't want it to load the entire notice board page in edit mode, just the single section that I edited so that I can quickly fix it. Is this possible?