[WikiEN-l] Featured editors?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Nov 10 21:15:27 UTC 2007

On 10 Nov 2007 at 14:13:16 -0500, joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu wrote:

> Although I disagree with Guy as to how we should treat people who are
> willing to
> deal with them, it is posts like the above that make me have some
> sympathy with
> Guy's position. Spend too much time on WR and you'll forget what these people
> have tried to do to Wikipedia and the lives they've ruined in the process. And
> frankly, to compare good faith attempts to keep this project safe from the
> people who have explicitly stated they intend to harm to the Inquisition
> demonstrates a lack of perspective at many different levels starting with the
> minor detail that we're not killing anyone.

You take me to task for hyperbole (a valid point; is McCarthyism a
sufficiently non-murderous analogy to use instead of the
Inquisition?), but commit some of it yourself when you refer to lives
being ruined.  If anybody considers their life ruined because of
anything that went on either on Wikipedia or an anti-Wikipedia forum,
then they're taking all of this stuff way too seriously.

--
== Dan ==