[WikiEN-l] I believe I called this some time ago...

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:39:11 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 1:18 PM, David Gerard wrote:

> That said, the present campaign appears (I must say) somewhat petulant
> and ill-conceived as to what is article-worthy in Wikipedia. The
> notion of third-party verifiability is not widely appreciated.

I think the present campaign stems both from the astonishingly bad-
faith and hostile campaign to drive webcomics contributors away
combined with the jargony public face that Wikipedia shows users when
it comes to new article creation.

It is certainly misguided. But had we not so utterly soured our
relationship with the webcomics community (and we have - there is very
little rational discussion to be had with webcomics people about
Wikipedia anymore based on the slap in the face that the previous
campaign was) we could probably come to some sort of understanding
with a lot of them. Instead we made that impossible, because we're
awesome like that.

-Phil