[WikiEN-l] I believe I called this some time ago...

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:46:04 UTC 2007

Quoting Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com>:

> http://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog/index.php/2007/10/30/wikiwatch-how-did-that-picture-get-there/
>
> Oh look. Our webcomics deletionism has driven off contributors and
> hurt the project.
>
> I'm surprised. Are you surprised? I'm surprised.

Up to a point, many of the webcomics deleted didn't meet notability and it is
telling that one of the chief complaints about the webcomics deletions were
that deletion reduced the traffic they were getting. We could have handled the
webcomics matter much more effectively and diplomatically (and some of the AfD
attempts were frankly ridiculous) but many of the webcomics removed we were
correct to remove.