[WikiEN-l] WP:DENY is a steaming pile of crap.

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Fri Nov 9 10:51:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 01:50:21 -0800, Ray Saintonge
<saintonge at telus.net> wrote:

>> If one believes the world was invaded by aliens in space planes, and
>> one stands up for it by harassing anyone who disagrees, then yes.

>What's the purpose of injecting aliens into a discussion that has
>nothing to do with that.  Making up a stupid imaginary example that has
>nothing to do with reality does nothing to move the discussion forward.

As noted by Zetawoof, this is what the Church of Scientology claims.
It was a real-world example of a bizarre belief for which people
stand up in a most aggressive way.

If you have a foolproof objective way of identifying the difference
between the good and the bad tenacious advocates, I'd be grateful if
you'd share it.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk