[WikiEN-l] WP:DENY is a steaming pile of crap.

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 21:35:14 UTC 2007

>> I think that many of the people labeled "trolls" on WP aren't "trolls"
>> in the classic sense because they really believe in the positions that
>> they take. They are just very obstinate about their positions and
>> can't take "no" for an answer.

>You mean like Martin Luther King, Jr. was?

Close.  Like Jason Gastrich, who *thinks* he's like Martin Luther
King, Jr.
Guy (JzG)

******
Brilliant answer, Guy.

Amateur trollography is not a particularly useful line of discussion.  What
we need to focus on is who and what works within the site framework against
who and what doesn't adapt.  There are many people who are simply better
suited to other venues: forums, blogs, etc.  If we accept Jason Gastrich's
theology at face value for a moment, then what he's doing makes some sense
and it's far more important than building an encyclopedia.  An encyclopedia,
however, is all Wikipedia is.  We've asked him to adjust accordingly and he
refused to.  The same bottom line applies to everyone who hits the "edit"
button, whether they operate from the highest motives or the lowest.

-Durova