[WikiEN-l] Pakistani politicians and systemic bias

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 7 07:25:36 UTC 2007

I imagine many people world-wide will be looking right now at our coverage of politics in Pakistan. I have a story about that.

[[Siddiq Khan Kanju]]: a part Foreign Secretary. An article submitted about him was at AfC for over a yers.

[[Chaudhry Zahoor Elahi]]: politician with a Prime Minister son, another son in politics, regional Chief Minister nephew. First article was speedied under CSD A7.

[[Chaudhry Ghulam Ahmed Zamurrad]]: mayor of a large city, speedied under CSD A7.

Common factor here: systemic bias in action. None of the original submissions was writtten in good English. However, in each case bad decisions were made. User:MastCell is claiming I was mean to him in the case of Chaudhry Zahoor Elahi. As we know, however, A7 can often give the wrong result for the encyclopedia, if taken at the letter. As here. Buck stops with the deleting admin, who is supposed to be on the side of the content. User:Addhoc, at fault in the case of Chaudhry Ghulam Ahmed Zamurrad, which was not irretrievable nonsense as he claimed at all, has gone in and scalped the article.

So, this is systemic bias at work. A couple of articles that should have been stubs speedied, and an article languishing at AfC from October 2006 because the reviewer thought it was hard to read.

I'm always on the side of the content.

A7 must still die, as everyone should know.

Charles