[WikiEN-l] Get PAID to make content for Wikipedia!

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 22:08:18 UTC 2007

On 11/5/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
> Working on it an hour a week, though, I could take. Especially if there
> were a way for me to see that a bunch of other people were sharing the
> burden.

What I'm saying is that it's not really about load-balancing or
"sharing a burden". It's about undermining the (purely psychological)
power structure of certain venues.

For a somewhat obvious example, you might covertly arrange for a flash
mob, if you will, of "irregulars" to swoop in and close (sanely of
course) every pending discussion at Deletion Review over the course of
one hour. Yes, there would be a few raised eyebrows, even complaints,
some of them from the two or three "regular" closers when they realize
they've over-estimated their importance to the project, and might
temporarily be left with nothing to do. Maybe they, in turn, will be
flushed into pursuing other activities.

That's about as peaceful of a protest as one can hope for on
Wikipedia, and it is adaptable to almost any forum.

—C.W.