[WikiEN-l] Write stuff and take pictures!

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 00:03:27 UTC 2007

On 04/11/2007, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's probably the best thing I've read by a relative newcomer in quite
> some time. Or maybe it's just nice to hear someone talk about building an
> encyclopedia for once.

One can forget at times that the encyclopedia is the justification for
the community, not the other way around.

(Not that Wikipedians aren't fun to hang around with. c.f. one pub
conversation a couple of months ago with three en:wp regulars and one
normal person, with us throwing around fabulously erudite historical
trivia and WP jargon with the normal person looking increasingly
boggled. It's nice to meet people whose brains naturally encrust with
the sort of thing you'll see by hitting "Random page" a hundred
times.)

- d.