[WikiEN-l] JzG's banning Private Musings regarding BADSITES debate

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 2 13:19:23 UTC 2007

Joshua Zelinsky wrote:
>Quoting Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com>:
>> Fred Bauder wrote:
>>> Here's some more garbage from the page the respected professor linked to:
>>
>> Apologies if I missed some irony somewhere, but: is this actually garbage?
>> ...Professor Black is putting SlimVirgin outing theories in the same
>> kettle as JFK assassination theories and alien spaceship theories...
>
> Er again, this wasn't what Black said but what Black linked to.
> He didn't endorse aliens etc.

Yeah, I felt kinda foolish after I posted that.  But then,
on reflection, I didn't feel so foolish after all; I think
it was a pretty easy mistake to make.

This whole debate is about banning links to sites that say things
we don't like about Wikipedians.  So I naturally assumed (after
an, I admit, too-quick reading) that Fred's quoted text was
something questionable Professor Black had written that we might
not want to link to.  But now evidently we're talking about
banning links to sites that link to things we don't like about
Wikipedians?  Really?