[WikiEN-l] JzG's banning Private Musings regarding BADSITES debate

James Farrar james.farrar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 03:07:33 UTC 2007

This whole discussion (which has taken place whilst I was off-line, so
have just read 50+ messages on the topic) is both frustrating and
sadly predictable.

Alec Conroy's message of 17:37UTC
(http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2007-November/084541.html)
is a particularly intelligent analysis of the whole BADSITES-related
drama we've seen over the last few month. I strongly urge all
long-serving admins (and especially ArbCom members) who have strongly
advocated one side or other in these discussions to re-read that
contribution and see if they see themselves in it -- or, at least, see
that others might perceive them as such.

James.