[WikiEN-l] JzG's banning Private Musings regarding BADSITES debate

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Fri Nov 2 00:42:51 UTC 2007

Quoting Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>:

>> Either one goes against the animating spirit of the project:
>>
>>     Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given
>> free access to the sum of all human knowledge.
>

>> William
>
> But not the sum of all human speculation.
>
> Fred

Again Fred you are missing the point. The link itself is within the sum of all
human knowledge. That on the same website their is speculation we don't like
doesn't change that. I also have to say I'm finding your one sentence
replies(or in this case less than one sentence) to complicated issues
irritating; in some cases they reflect a lack of appreciation for nuance or
complexity while in others you end up sending out clarification emails after 4
or 5 people have responded to the original taking it for granted. It
would save
everyone time and likely increase the productivity of this and other
discussions
if you replied with a bit more detail. (And yes before anyone comments
I know I
sometimes have the opposite problem)