[WikiEN-l] JzG's banning Private Musings regarding BADSITES debate

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:54:33 UTC 2007

On Nov 1, 2007 12:33 PM, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/1/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On the other hand... in this specific case, the account was
> > established and we'd been letting it be used for quite a while. It
> > seems reasonable to expect that if we've tolerated a specific case
> > this long, and the user's not become vastly more disruptive or more
> > crazy, we should let it slide - because that's what policy is, it's a
> > description of what we do and how we go about things.
>
> For me, the use in discussion was one thing, but the use to edit war
> over a contentious link went over the line. Others may disagree.

The edit war was clearly inappropriate; a block would not be a
disproportionate response. An indefinite block, though...I'm not sure the
argument for this is completely sound.

But Stephen Bain is right - this is an issue which should've been brought up
with JzG first, and ANI second - there's nothing necessarily wrong with
bringing it up in this forum, but an approach which would likely produce
results would be to contact JzG and attempt to sort things out on ANI.

Johnleemk