[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 01:45:38 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Wikipedia editors do a huge amount of work for Wikipedia, and get
> > little in return. The least they can ask is that Wikipedia itself not
> > increase the readership of site that attack them -  attacks that have
> > come about precisely because they have been doing work for Wikipedia.
>

> And curiously, the few (<5) editors who are most aggressively attacked for
> on-Wiki actions are the ones who want the links removed. You have a conflict
> of interest, Jay. Perhaps if administrators and editors focused on making
> the articles better, rather than advancing their own ends and personal,
> social, or religious ideals (not naming names) they wouldn't draw off-Wiki
> "enemies" like flies.

I didn't notice this e-mail before; in response, I'll just note that
perhaps if posters to this list focused on honest and intelligent
dialogue, rather than advancing foaming-at-the-mouth "women who dress
in scanty clothes are just asking to be raped" arguments, (not naming
names), they'd have a better chance of not looking like rabid fools.