[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed May 30 23:45:42 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Just a semantic point: is the collection and analysis of available
> > > information to find patterns in and of itself stalking?
> >
> > When someone starts calling people they believe are your
> > ex-colleagues, ex-schoolmates, and ex-boyfriends so that they can get
> > a picture of you and try to find your current location, I think it's a
> > bit more than "collection and analysis of available information to
> > find patterns". Don't you?
>

> You didn't answer my question, did you? Leave virtual bread crumbs, it's no
> one's fault but the crumb-leaver if pieces get collected and figured out.
> It's not Wikipedia's responsibility to police negligience. Specific to your
> question, which I'll answer:
>
> Why is Brandt trying to track down Slim, is the better question. Answer (if
> I'm not mistaken): He's stated he intends to pursue her legally for
> whatever. That's not stalking.

That's nonsense. First, the only thing I published about Brandt was a
brief and neutral stub, which after editing it with me he declared
himself happy with. But when he said he didn't want any article at
all, regardless of its content, I deleted it, because he and I were
the only ones who had edited it at that point. So he has no case. If
he ever thinks he's developed one, I can pass him the name of my
lawyer.

More importantly, if he were simply trying to identify me for legal
purposes, he'd have no need to speculate endlessly about me and insult
me on various websites.

Joe, I have to say that you don't seem to know much about this
situation and so I wish you'd stop posting about it. I don't mean that
disrespectfully -- you're very wise not to want to know much about it
-- but it's unhelpful to spread gossip that has no basis in fact.