[WikiEN-l] BADSITES vs RFA

Blu Aardvark jeffrey.latham at gmail.com
Wed May 30 05:01:48 UTC 2007

Slim Virgin wrote:
> It makes sense to check
> carefully when you see one of those approaching. But there's no will
> to do this, and the result is that we're a top--ten website with no
> idea how many admins we have. We know how many accounts, but not how
> many people, and we don't know whether they include banned users.

Raul654 is my sockpuppet. Just throwing that out there.

But seriously, does it even matter if they are banned users if they
haven't given any legitimate cause for concern? An admin who is abusing
his tools in either obvious or subtle ways will be quickly identified as
problematic. The obvious abusers, granted, aren't much cause for concern
- as has been displayed already, they can be removed expediently. Subtle
abusers could cause more damage over time, potentially, but you no doubt
are well aware of that.