[WikiEN-l] Another "BADSITES" controversy

Michael Snow wikipedia at att.net
Wed May 30 03:33:19 UTC 2007

The Mangoe wrote:
> As
> far as I can tell, DennyColt just took it upon himself to turn the
> ArbCom statements into a policy and then began enforcing it against
> Wikipedia Review (which the ArbCom decision pointed to).
Actually, the arbitration decision often relied on for removing links to
attack sites involved Encyclopedia Dramatica and did not mention
Wikipedia Review at all. How far that principle extends is obviously a
matter of debate, but for an endeavor that requires as much
fact-checking as Wikipedia, I'm constantly disappointed with the
inability of some people to keep even simple, easily checked facts straight.

--Michael Snow