[WikiEN-l] AutoWikiBrowser on Wine issues - Wine bug open

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon May 28 17:18:24 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett wrote:
> On 5/28/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All the pieces are readily available. There's any number of classes
>> and Perl modules and stuff and nonsense, wikipediafs is just waiting
>> for people to do something useful with it, pywikipedia is robust,
>> api.php exists now.
>>
>> Someone just has to write it ;-)
>>

> I'm talking about a local client for communicating with a remote
> mediawiki install. Are you?

I like the solution of just offloading the "communicating" part to a
generic filesystem layer, and then using any local client to edit the
pages that I wish, instead of a custom "Wikipedia editing" client.  I
use WikipediaFS <http://wikipediafs.sourceforge.net/> to mount Wikipedia
as a local filesystem, and vim to edit.

-Mark