[WikiEN-l] Original research: our secret pleasure?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Sun May 27 18:14:13 UTC 2007

On Sat, 26 May 2007, William Pietri wrote:
> Personally, I feel that the rules we have, like the parts on an
> airplane, should be the minimum number necessary to achieve the goal.
> Anything else slows us down. Personally, until their's a problem, I'd
> rather leave WP:OR untouched. I think that Ken's case of rules-lawyer
> vandals is better solved by judicious application of [[WP:DICK]] rather
> than adding more rules.

The problem with rules lawyer vandals is that they are, by definition,
following the rules.  If you revert what they do, they'll just change it
back (they usually stick around long enough for that) and you'll end up
getting into a revert war and being considered the vandal for inserting
original research or whatever.