[WikiEN-l] BLP, and admin role in overriding community review

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:21:53 UTC 2007

On 24/05/07, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> version of it ("we shouldn't have negative biographies of living
> persons, even if that really -does- reflect the balance of coverage by
> reliable sources.")

The problem is that having a Wikipedia article about you is in most
cases a curse.

That's why we marked AFD "noindex" - for too many people, the first
Google hit on them was their Wikipedia AFD.

Just because an article *can* be written doesn't mean one *should*.

This has been a consideration since the introduction of WP:BLP - that
page is basically an attempt to reconcile neutrality, verifiability
and no original research with not actively fucking up people's lives
just because we can.

- d.