[WikiEN-l] Blocking badlydrawnjeff (was Re: Thoughts on#wikipedia - threat or menace?)

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed May 23 04:26:48 UTC 2007

Philippe Beaudette wrote:

> I have no opinion about Jeff - I think he probably serves a good purpose, as the agitator, and agitators often have detractors, but I hurt for him in this.  Further, I hurt for the people who made this decision; it's so difficult to be put in a position where you feel like you're driven to drastic action.  I wonder what it was that made them decide that our ordinary dispute resolution steps wouldn't work here?  Where is the consensus model in this?  Where did we, as a community fail?  DID we, as a community fail?  And, more importantly, how do we fix it to prevent it from happening again?

I'm a little cooler about it than I was when I dfound out - this was the
first place I read about it, in fact, and I *still* haven't received
communication from the blocking admin, nor do I want it.

There's a lot I could say, but, for once, I don't have to.  i'll
certainly have more to say soon, but I'll just say one thing - I saw
this situation coming ages ago.  I'm part surprised it took this long,
and part surprised it happened when it did.

No use getting depressed about it, though - I've got an article to
finish bringing to featured status and all my mourning is taken up by
the cancellation of Veronica Mars anyway.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman